MedCalc is a complete statistical program for Windows designed to closely match the requirements of biomedical researchers. It is fast, user-friendly and reliable. MedCalc is the most user-friendly software for Receiver Operating Characteristic curve (ROC curves) analysis. The MedCalc ROC module includes comparison of up to 6 ROC curves. The software also includes Bland & Altman plot, Passing and Bablok and Deming regression for method comparison studies.
MedCalc for Windows description
- Data management
- Integrated spreadsheet with 16384 columns and up to 100000 rows.
- Correct handling of missing data.
- Outliers can easily be excluded.
- Built-in WYSIWYG text editor.
- Imports Excel, Excel 2007, SPSS, DBase and Lotus files, and files in SYLK, DIF or plain text format.
- Easy selection of subgroups for statistical analysis.
- Comprehensive help file.
- Manual in PDF format (go to download area).
- Complete HTML manual on MedCalc web site.
- Context help in dialog boxes.
ROC curve analysis
- Area under the curve (AUC) with standard error, 95% confidence interval, P-value. Offers choice between methodology of DeLong et al. (1988) and Hanley & McNeil (1982, 1983).
- List of sensitivity, specificity, likelihood ratios, and positive and negative predictive values for all possible threshold values.
- ROC curve graph with 95% Confidence Bounds.
- Threshold values can be selected in an interactive dot diagram with automatic calculation of corresponding sensitivity and specificity.
- Plot of sensitivity and specificity versus criterion values.
- Interval likelihood ratios.
- Comparison of up to 6 ROC curves: difference between the areas under the ROC curves, with standard error, 95% confidence interval and P-value.
- Sample size calculation for area under ROC curve and comparison of ROC curves.
- Go to the ROC curve analysis section of the MedCalc manual for more information on ROC curve analysis in MedCalc.
- Lots of graphs, see Graph gallery.
- Data point identification in graphs.
- Draw text boxes, lines, arrows and connectors.
- Name, save and recall graphs and statistics.
- Statistical info in graph windows.
- Save graphs as BMP, PNG, GIF, PCX, JPG or TIF files, or as PowerPoint slides (*.pptx).
- PC with Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit versions).
- 512 Mb of memory.
- 20 Mb free space on the hard disk.
What's New in This Release:
Some revisions in the user-interface.
New multilingual interface with choice of different languages for user interface and output:
user interface: the language that is used in menus, dialogs, and other user interface elements.
output: the language that is used in reports and graphs.
The available languages are: English, Chinese (simplified and traditional), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian and Spanish. To select a different language you go to Tools menu ⇾ Options where you can select your language in the Language section.
The help file and software documentation are available in English only.
Download File Size:16.35 MB